Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Bunting Neighborhood Leadership Program (BNLP).
Applications are due no later than Friday, October 26, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. EST and must include both video and written responses. You can learn more about BNLP by participating in the Facebook Live session on Friday, September 28, 2018. In order for your application to be considered, you must complete the following:
- Online application, which can be found here
* Once you have submitted the application you will not have the ability to go back and make changes . For your convenience, you can find a pdf version of the application here to help guide you through your answers. We ONLY accept online applications, please do not submit the pdf for consideration.
- Video response
- Employer Approval Form
- Fiscal Sponsor Form
If you are actively working in a Baltimore community and between the ages of 18 and 45 we encourage you to apply for our program. Potential candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with others, communicate effectively, and have leadership potential. In addition, applicants must have worked for a minimum of three years (volunteer or paid) in one of the following target communities.
• Primarily McElderry Park
• Middle East
• Ellwood Park/Madison or Milton/Montford
• Primarily Edmondson Village
- Six to eight-hour weekly training session
- Take home reading, assignments, and session assessments
If you are employed, you must have employer approval to participate and allow for 20% release time to work on this leadership program for which your employer will be reimbursed. We require the employer verification form to be submitted along with your application.
Please note that this is NOT a supplement to your salary; you are getting 20% release time from your job to participate in BNLP one day a week and we will reimburse your employer for that 20% time. Payment will be made directly to your employer, plus fringe benefits up to $20,000 for approximately 44 weeks. If you are not employed, it is required for you to provide a fiscal sponsorship form from a fiscal agent, which will include billing JHU monthly in order to compensate you for the 20% time that was dedicated to the program.
If you have any questions about this application or require access to computers or resources in order to submit your video, please contact Rebkha Atnafou via email or call the Johns Hopkins Urban Health Institute at 410-502-6155.