Instructions for completing the 2015 UHI Small Grants Application are as follows (*Indicates required field.) Click here to download instructions.
Cover Page*: Include project title, name and signatures of primary Hopkins and Community Partner. Click here to download the coverpage.
Type of Project:* Indicate the type of collaboration (undergraduate student-community project, graduate student-community project, or faculty-community project).
Suggested Period of Performance:* Provide the project Start Date and the project End Date. The earliest start date is September 1, 2015.
Requested Budget:* Provide the total funding requested for this project from the Small Grants Program.
Institutional Review Board (IRB)*: Indicate whether this project will require IRB approval. For research studies, IRB approval of human subjects is not required prior to review of an application; however, proof of IRB approval will be required prior to the initiation of the research study. (If unsure, click here: http://urbanhealth.jhu.edu/our_work/smallgrants/human_subjects.pdf).
- IRB Sponsor Name and Email: ALL student applicants must enter IRB sponsor name and email addresses if your project requires IRB approval.
- IRB Approval: Please complete and submit the document entitled “Is IRB Approval Required?” if you are stating the project does NOT require IRB approval. Student applications must include a faculty sponsor if IRB approval is required. Please include a $500 honorarium in the consultant section of the budget to recognize faculty for this contribution. NOTE: This is not included in the funding cap. Funds will not be provided until IRB approval is granted or it is determined that IRB approval is not required.
Primary Faculty/Student Partner Information:* Complete information for all fields. If there is more than one faculty or student partner, please list all and include a biographical sketch.
Primary Community Partner Information:* Complete information for all fields. If there is more than one faculty or student partner, please list all and include a biographical sketch.
Abstract:* Provide project abstract (brief summary of project). Abstracts should not exceed 200 words.
Project Narrative:* The project narrative should not exceed four pages single-spaced. Please use 1-inch margins. The requested format of the application is as follows:
B. Specific Aims
D. Dissemination Plan (detailed plan for sharing research findings and/or highlighting program successes and lessons learned)
E. Significance: Indicate the implications for programs or policy as well as how the proposed work will lead to further activities.
Budget Form*: Include direct costs only. Direct costs are those costs that can be identified specifically with the project. Indirect costs are not permitted. Click here to download the budget form.
- Personnel: Salary support for Johns Hopkins faculty, staff, and students should be listed in the Personnel section. Enter the first and last name of each person requesting salary support. Enter the salary amount requested for each person.
- Consultant Costs: Itemize and enter the estimated funds for consultants. Funding for community collaborators should be listed in Consultant Costs.
- Supplies, Travel, and Other Expenses: Itemize and enter the estimated funds required for each field as applicable.
- Total Requested Funds:* Enter the total costs. This number should match the requested budget from above.
- Budget Justification:* Provide a narrative that explains the amounts requested for each line in the budget. The budget justification should specifically describe how each item will support the achievement of proposed objectives. The budget justification must clearly describe each cost element and explain how each cost contributes to meeting the project’s objectives/ goals.
- List all additional funding sources for this project: If any part of this project is currently funded or is pending funding by another source, list the funding organization, total support amount, and dates of support.
Biographical Sketches of University and Community Partners:* Include biographical sketches for all persons contributing to the project; at least two biographical sketches must be attached (one for the community partner and one for the university partner). Each biographical sketch should be one page or less and include: name, current contact information, and professional experience
ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org BY MONDAY, JUNE 22, 2015 by 5PM.