2019 Henrietta Lacks Memorial Award Nomination Submission
|Nomination Deadline:||Please submit nominations to email@example.com no later than August 23 at 5:00 pm|
|Winner Announced Publicly:||October 5, 2019 at the Henrietta Lacks Memorial Lecture in Turner Auditorium|
|For Questions:||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
Application packets must be no more than four pages (single-spaced, 12-point font). The application needs to include the following information in the order listed below:
1. Application Cover Page, click here. (This is not included in the page limit noted above)
2. Brief Summary of Project: Should not exceed 200 words.
3. Description of the Partnership:
- History of the Collaboration: Describe how the team originated and role of the partners involved in the collaboration.
- Mission, Vision, Goals, and Objectives: Describe the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the partnership and how they were developed.
- Structure: Describe the administrative and financial structure that supports the work of the team and how decisions are made.
- Current Funding: Describe how the work is currently funded and the decisions are made when securing new or additional funding.
- Major Accomplishments: Describe a few of the major achievements of this collaborative effort.
- Impact: Describe the impact of the work of this partnership. Please include program results, success stories, additional funding to continue the work, etc.
- Sustainability: Describe the plan for continuing the work of the collaboration in the future.
4. Use of Funds: In a sentence or two, please share how the funds will be used if your team is selected to receive this award.
5. References: Provide the names and contact information of three individuals who are familiar with the collaboration.
Nominations will be reviewed by university and community leaders who serve on the Henrietta Lacks Memorial Award Selection Committee. Decisions will be made based upon the information described in this announcement. The review is a three-step process.
The first step will ensure the submission is complete and follows the guidelines above regarding page limits and formatting. Those who meet the initial set of guidelines will advance to the second round of review focusing on the content of the nomination. Each nomination will be independently rated by reviewers. In the third stage of review, finalists will be selected for site visits by members of the selection committee.