September 23rd we were excited to host our first virtual event! 278 post docs, researchers, students, faculty, and community members from Baltimore and beyond, including Cyprus, Nigeria, and Lao People’s Democratic Republic, tuned in via Zoom, to hear about opportunities for collaboration and partnership from health equity champions across Johns Hopkins.
Presenters and Centers represented included:
- Dr. Lisa Cooper, director of the Center for Health Equity and Urban Health Institute
- Dr. Tanjala Purnell, associate director of the Center for Heath Equity and Urban Health Institute
- Dr. Jeanne Clark, executive director of the Brancati Center
- Monica Guerrero Vazquez, executive director of Centro Sol
- Dr. Panagis Galiatsatos, co-director of Medicine for a Greater Good
- Keilah Jacques, assistant director of SOURCE
- April Lugo, program coordinator of health equity at the Johns Hopkins Medicine Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity
- Dr. Sarah Szanton, director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Innovative Care in Aging, PROMOTE P30 Center, and NIDILRR RESILIENCE Center
Attendees had a chance to hear from each center represented about their research projects, community engagement efforts, and training/trainee opportunities. Such as writing research publications related to discrimination, older adults, or chronic diseases with the Center for Innovative Care in Aging, or becoming a Service-Learning Fellow with SOURCE to address equitable community partnerships in Baltimore City.
To learn more about the opportunities discussed at the Inaugural Health Equity Training Opportunities Virtual Showcase, watch this video here.
If you would like to get connected to any of the featured centers or know a center or organization that is focused on achieving health equity for all, please email us at email@example.com