Applications for the 2021 cohort are now closed. You can learn more about the application process, qualifications, and compensation below.
2021 ApplicationApply Online Here
During the application process, you will be asked to:
- Confirm that you meet eligibility requirements
- Review and agree to the expectations and rules of engagement
- Share information about your education and experience
- Provide references
- Answer short and essay questions
- Record and submit a video response
- Upload your resume or CV
- Complete an Employer Approval and/or Fiscal Sponsor Form
Completing the online application takes, on average, between one to two hours once you have all elements outlined above. The form will preserve your answers as you move between sections, but you will have to start over if you close your browser window. Please allow enough time to complete the process in one sitting.
- Please apply online here.
- If you would like to preview the questions, you can download a pdf version of the 2021 application here.
- If you are employed by an organization/company, please Download Employer Approval Form
- If you are self or unemployed, please Download Fiscal Sponsor Form
Please be sure to download the forms and save it to your computer before you begin filling them out. If you have trouble accessing the form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are actively working in a Baltimore community and between the ages of 18 and 50 we encourage you to apply for our program. Potential candidates must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language. In addition, applicants should be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with others, communicate effectively, have leadership potential, and must have worked for a minimum of two years (volunteer or paid) in East Baltimore or West Baltimore in at least one of the following communities.
- McElderry Park
- Middle East
- Ellwood Park/Madison or Milton/Montford
- Edmondson Village
Schedule and Requirements
- Hybrid eight-hour weekly training sessions, meetings, field trips, and 1 or 2 overnight retreats that may be 1-2 days long
- Hybrid sessions would comprise of each week watching a video of a pre-recorded session in your own time, logging in virtually for a live 3-hour debrief session, and then completing and submitting the homework assignments in your own time by a set due date.
- * please note the Fellowship will remain virtual until Johns Hopkins allows for in-person events and activities to resume
- Take home reading, assignments, and session assessments
- The program will start in January 2021 and the approximate duration of the program is 34 weeks
- If you are employed and have the approval of your supervisor to apply, if chosen as a Fellow, the Bunting Neighborhood Leadership Program will cover 20% of your salary and fringe up to $20,000 for your time in the program (equivalent to one eight-hour day per week for approximately 34 weeks). The payment will NOT be a supplement to your salary; it will cover 20% of your salary/fringe which is devoted to the Bunting Neighborhood Leadership Program. Your employer will continue to pay your full salary and will invoice the UHI monthly. You’ll be required to submit an Employer Approval Form as part of your application.
- If you are self-employed, and chosen as a Fellow, the Bunting Neighborhood Leadership Program will cover 20% of your salary up to $15,000 for your participation in the program (equivalent to one eight-hour day per week for approximately 34 weeks). You’ll be required to submit a Fiscal Sponsor Form as part of your application, and you can indicate your organization as your fiscal sponsor.
- If you are unemployed and chosen as a Fellow, the Bunting Neighborhood Leadership Program will provide you with compensation of up to $15,000 for your participation in the program (equivalent to one eight-hour day per week for the approximately 34 weeks). You are required to find an organization to sponsor your participation fiscally; fiscal sponsorship will entail billing the UHI monthly and disbursing your monthly payment. You’ll be required to submit a Fiscal Sponsor Form as part of your application.
We have extended the application deadline to November 11, 2020 at 5pm.
If you have any questions about this application please contact email@example.com.