BNLP Fellowship Application Information
Applications for the 2024 BNLP cohort are closed!
Learn more about the application process, qualifications, and compensation below.
Completing the online application form takes, on average, between one to two hours once you have all elements outlined below. As you move between application sections, your answers will be saved, but if you close your browser window, you will have to start over. Please allow enough time to complete the application in one sitting.
During the application process, you will be asked to:
- Confirm that you meet eligibility requirements
- Review the program expectations and rules of engagement
- Share information about your education, experience, and employment status
- Provide references
- Answer short and essay questions
- Record and submit a video response
- Upload your resume or CV
- Complete and submit an Employer Approval Form, if applicable
- Please apply online here.
- To assist you in the online application process, we have provided a PDF version of the application here. The PDF also contains the Employer Approval Form.
- If you have trouble accessing the form, please email us at email@example.com.
If you are actively working in a Baltimore community and are over age 18 with 3 years of community work experience, we encourage you to apply to our program. Interested candidates must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language. In addition, applicants should be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with others, communicate effectively, have demonstrated leadership potential, and must have worked in the community for a minimum of three years (volunteer or paid), in one of the priority areas, East Baltimore or West Baltimore in at least one of the following communities below. Interested candidates who have worked in other underserved areas in Baltimore from outside these communities are welcome to apply.
If chosen as a Bunting Fellow, the Johns Hopkins Urban Health Institute will compensate for the Fellow's time to attend the program based on the guidelines below.
See below for more information:
Compensation Based On Employment Status
|Employed and have the approval of your supervisor to apply
You’ll be required to submit an Employer Approval Form (contained in the PDF version of the application, along with your application. The Johns Hopkins Urban Health Institute (UHI) will provide your employer 10% of your salary and fringe up to $10,000 as salary support. The payment will not be a supplement to your salary; it will cover the time devoted to the Bunting Neighborhood Leadership Program. Your employer will continue to pay you as per your employment agreement and will invoice the UHI BNLP monthly for this support. The organization would have to be set up as a vendor to receive payments.
The $10,000 payment will be sent to your organization in monthly installments. Your organization would have to be set up as a vendor to receive payments. The payment will be considered taxable income (1099 payment).
|Community volunteer or community leader
The $10,000 payment will be sent directly to you in monthly installments. You would have to be set up as a vendor to receive payments. The payment will be considered taxable income (1099 payment).
Schedule and Requirements
- One full-day-equivalent training per week that includes:
- 4-hours of virtual/in-person training
- Outside of class activities that may include field trips, group activities, meeting with mentors, reading, reflections, assessments, homework, etc.
- The program will start in February 2024
- The approximate duration of the program is 30 weeks
- Gradation projection: November/December 2024
Fellows meet one day a week ,every other week from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
* please note the BNLP Fellowship follows Johns Hopkins’ safety policies
Please submit your application online by December 5, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Please be advised that the Urban Health Institute office closes at 5:00 pm, and staff will not be able to take your questions or address application concerns after the close of business.
If you have any questions about this application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.