2021 Henrietta Lacks Memorial Award Nomination Submission:
|Nomination Deadline:||Please submit nominations via our online form by Monday, October 11, 2021 at 5:00 pm|
|Winner Announced Publicly:||November 2021 at the Henrietta Lacks Memorial Lecture, which will take place this year virtually via Zoom|
|For Questions:||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
Applications must be submitted via our online form and need to include the following information in the order listed below:
- Application Cover Page (please use the provided template)
- Brief summary of the project (should not exceed 200 words).
- Description of the Partnership (should not exceed 1800 words)
- History of the Collaboration: Describe how the team originated and the roles of the partners involved in the collaboration.
- Mission, Vision, Goals, and Objectives: Describe the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the partnership and how they were developed.
- Structure: Describe the administrative and financial structure that supports the work of the team and how decisions are made.
- Current Funding: Describe how the work is currently funded and decisions are made when securing new or additional funding.
- Major Accomplishments: Describe a few of the major achievements of this collaborative effort.
- Community Impact: Describe the impact of the work of this partnership. Indicate the specific Baltimore City community neighborhood(s) that are impacted by this community-based program. Please include program results, success stories, additional funding to continue the work, etc.
- Sustainability: Describe the plan for continuing the work of the collaboration in the future.
- Use of Funds: In a sentence or two, please share how the funds will be used if your team is selected to receive this award (should not exceed 100 words).
- References: Provide the names and contact information of up to three individuals who are familiar with the collaboration.
Selection & Award Process
Nominations will be reviewed by university and community leaders who serve on the Henrietta Lacks Memorial Award Selection Committee. Decisions will be made based upon the information described in this announcement. The review is a two-step process. The first step will ensure the submission is complete and follows the guidelines above regarding page limits and formatting. Those who meet the initial set of guidelines will advance to the second round of review, focusing on the content of the nomination. Each nomination will be independently rated by reviewers.
The selected partnership for this award will be asked to participate in a video* highlighting the work of their organization. Due to the ongoing pandemic, all interviews and video production will be done in compliance with the CDC social distancing guidelines, view here. For questions regarding this, you can email us at email@example.com.
Nominations should be submitted via our online form by 5:00 pm Monday, October 4, 2021.